Yahoo is one of the most popular email service providers around the globe. You can easily access your Yahoo account from any device. All you need is a valid user ID and password to access your account. If you don’t have any mobile device, you can access your Yahoo account from any browser of your system. Sometimes, you might forget password of your account; in such a case, you can reset or change Yahoo password.
Yahoo is a popularly used for sending and receiving personal and professional files and media. There might be some connection issues that you might face when you start using the services. You need your Yahoo account access to resolve such issues. For this, you must know how to change passwords on Yahoo mail to handle your account effectively. All you need to do is follow some simple steps to reset Yahoo account password. Check out the details process for how to change Yahoo password from this article.
Quick Steps to Change Yahoo Account Password
It is very simple and straightforward process to change the Yahoo Password. But before doing so, you must know under what instances changing the Yahoo mail password can benefit you. Sometimes you need to change the password to protect your account from getting hacked, and to protect it from some other users, or you might have forgotten the current password. Changing your password or updating it regularly prevents your account from hackers. Follow the steps given below to change the Yahoo password to prevent your account from getting hacked/Blocked:
- Step 1: Firstly, sign in to your Yahoo account using your email id and password.
- Step 2: Click on the Menu icon from the upper-right corner.
- Step 3: Then, tap the Account info option from the bottom of the menu.
- Step 4: Click on the Account Security button and enter your current password.
- Step 5: Tap the Change Password option, then check the “I would rather change my password” button.
- Step 6: Enter your new password twice. Make sure you enter a strong password.
Once you are done with the above steps to reset Yahoo mail password, try to login your account with new password. If you can’t change yahoo password in security settings page, then you can use the Sign-in Helper option from the login page, i.e., https://login.yahoo.com/.
How Do I Change My Yahoo Mail Password On iPad Device?
There are some instances when you have to change Yahoo password on iPhone or iPad. For this, you must know how to change yahoo mail password on iPad. All you need to do is follow the below-given steps to change Yahoo password on iPad or iPhone.
- Login to your Yahoo mail account by entering the right login credentials.
- Then navigate to the security page.
- Click on the change password option and enter the new password. Enter the new password twice.
- Click on the Continue button to save the settings.
The above-steps will help you to change Yahoo email password on iPad or iPhone; just follow the steps carefully, and once completed, login to your account with the new Yahoo mail password.
How to Reset Yahoo Mail Password On Android Phone?
Are you an Android user and wondering how to change Yahoo password on Android? If yes, then it is quite simple to change Yahoo email password on Android smartphone. You must know the current password of your account to know how to change Yahoo mail password. All you need to do is, follow the below steps to change Yahoo password on Android.
- Open your Yahoo account and click on the menu option.
- Then tap the “Manage Account” option.
- Now click on the “Account info” option followed by the click on “Security settings” option.
- Enter the new security code twice.
- Now click on the change password option. Then, click on the button indicating, “I would rather change my password.”
The above-given steps will help you to change your Yahoo account password on Android smartphone. Once the above steps are properly executed, confirm your password and save the settings.
How to Change the Yahoo Account Password on Computer System?
You can also change the password of your Yahoo account from the computer system. This will keep your data safe from external access. Follow the below-given steps to change Yahoo password on computer:
- Visit help.yahoo.com/kb/account and click on Reset or change your Yahoo password option.
- Then, click on the sign-in button and enter email id and password to login to your account.
- After log in to your Yahoo account, click on the gear icon from the top of the screen.
- Now, click on the account info option from the context menu.
- After this, your account security page will appear on your screen.
- Here, click on the change password option.
- Enter the new password and then save the settings.
You can even recover Yahoo passwords without phone number and alternate email. In such a case, you have to click on the ‘Forgot password‘ link and enter your Yahoo account username.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I retrieve my Yahoo Mail password?
If you have forgotten your Yahoo password and you can easily get your account back. You can use your security questions after visiting Yahoo’s Contact page and select the Password and sign-in option. Then click on the Forgot Password option, under the Recommended section, enter your email address, and at the last tab the Submit button.
Why can’t I recover my yahoo account?
You might face problems while resetting your Yahoo account password if you don’t have a phone number or recovery email associated with your account. Yahoo! does not provide a phone support option to reset your password, so if you face such problems, you have to create a new account.
How do I log into my Yahoo account without verification?
If you want to login to your Yahoo account without verification, open the Yahoo Login page and enter your email address. Then, click on the “Next” option and then click on the “I Forgot My Password” option when it asks you for your password. This option will verify the missing digits of your mobile number, click then you have to click on the “No, I don’t know the Digits” option. Then click on the “Yes” option when it asks to send an account key. This will help you to unlock your account and create a new password.