Canon printers are one of the most popular printer brands that are well-known for their printing speed and quality. Many people often prefer Canon printers because of their wide range and size. One can easily access Canon printers as they offer a very simple interface to users. But sometimes people face some issues while using the printer. These issues need some troubleshooting methods to get the printer again in a normal state.
If the issue still persists even after applying troubleshooting methods, you can reset your printer. To reset your printer, you must know where is the reset button on a Canon printer? Generally, resetting the Canon printer is beneficial when you get into an unknown error and need to resolve it immediately.
How to Reset Canon Printer?
Resetting the Canon printer brings your printer again to its normal functionality. And this also resolves any major or minor technical problems in your printer. It also helps you to fix some common issues like slow printing issues, unresponsive printer even after turning it online, etc. Check out the detailed steps for how to reset Canon printer from this article.
You can apply any of the following types of resets to bring your printer again in working state:
- Power reset of Canon printer
- Ink reset of Canon printer
- Hard reset of Canon printer
- Resetting Pixma Printer
- Factory reset of Canon Printer
Quick Methods to Reset Canon Printer
You have to follow a certain set of steps to reset your Canon printer. All you have to do is execute any of the below-given methods for resetting your Canon printer:
Method 1: Power Resetting of Canon Printer:
Although a power reset is just like a soft reset type, it brings your Canon printer again to a normal state. All you have to do is.
- Firstly, turn off your Canon Printer and remove the power cable from the power socket, and then make sure that your device is properly disconnected from the power source.
- Again, plug the power cable in the power socket and turn on your system, and then connect it to the Ethernet cable.
- Finally, try to print any document to check if the issue has been resolved and your Canon printer is working properly.
Method 2: Hard Resetting of Canon Printer:
Sometimes, the hard resetting can also help you to bring your Canon printer back to its default factory settings. For this:
- First of all, click on the “Stop” button till you hear the alarm ringing on your Canon printer, then release the “Start” button only when the alarm flashes or rings at least 10-15 times.
- Now, your device will be restored to its factory settings and you can uninstall your device’s drives from your computer network and reinstall them with all the latest drivers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to reset the printer after refill ink canon?
Follow the steps given below to reset the Cartridge ink counter:
- Remove the power cable from the printer.
- Open the cartridge door and press the power button.
- Reconnect the power cables while holding down the power button simultaneously.
- Close the cartridge door and release the power button.
- Once done, check if the ink cartridge is successfully reset.
How do I hard reset my Canon printer and fix common errors?
Hard resetting your Canon Printer is quite simple. All you have to do is click the “Stop” button until the alarm rings on your Canon printer. Then, release the “Start” button only after the alarm flashes.
How do I reset my Canon ink cartridge without a chip resetter?
Every Canon ink cartridge has a microchip that tells the computer how much ink is left in the cartridge. When the ink is low, you can reset the Canon ink cartridge even without a chip resetter. All you have to do is open the cartridge door and press the power button for a while. Reconnect the power cables and check if the ink cartridge is successfully reset.
Canon printers offer exceptional features, but sometimes you might have to reset your printer. In addition, there are several methods that you can try to reset your printer. If you are also a Canon printer user and looking for the device reset process, then you can apply any of the above-mentioned methods to reset a Canon printer.