Operating system latest updates mainly help users to perform smooth functioning of their IT devices. These updates even protect our devices from external threats. However, installing latest updates might not be so easy as it sounds. Some users may experience problems while installing them, one of the common issues is when they get stuck while installing Windows updates. When the screen gets frozen and there is no reaction on your computer, try to apply some steps to fix this issue. Let’s check various methods to fix the stuck Windows update issue from this article.
Quick Steps to Fix Windows 10 Update Stuck Downloading and Installing
If you have come over the same problem, then try to find the exact cause of your problem and workaround depends on its root cause. There are several methods that you can try to solve the Windows 10 won’t boot after update issue, but it is best to hard shutdown your system and then turn it on again. You can also remove all the external devices except the mouse & keyboard to Install the Updates.
Method 01: Ensure the Update is Stuck
This workaround might sound extra, but some devices actually take several hours for Windows to update. Before applying any technical workaround, make sure if the update is really stuck. Sometimes, the duration of update installation is too slow and it seems like your Windows 10 OS is not updating.
Method 02: Restart the computer
As explained, hard setting will definitely help you to solve this issue. You just have to press the restart button or press the power button twice to restart your computer.
Method 03: End process of Failed program in Task Manager
Sometimes the issue of Windows 10 update stuck at 0, 30, 57, 99, or 100 occurs due to any failed program in Task Manager. In such cases, you should end hanging programs in Task Manager by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE keys simultaneously after which the restart screen will disappear the Task Manager window will appear on the screen. This will display all the hanging programs that have failed to close.
- Now, end the processes of all working programs.
Once execution of all the running programs, check whether your system gets recovery from the issue.
Method 04: Run Windows Troubleshooter
Along with performing the steps for Reset Windows 10, you can run Windows Troubleshooter to check what exactly is causing the problem. All you have to do is:
- Go to Start > Settings > Updates & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the left navigation pane and then select the “Additional troubleshooters” option.
- Now, click Windows Update and then tap the “Run the troubleshooter” button.
- At last, restart your computer and check if the issue still persists.
After proper restarting, install the new update by navigating to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. If any update is available, click on the Update now button and follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Method 05: Try System Restore
System Restore allows users to clean up all the unsuccessful Windows updates in their systems. All you have to do is:
- Open the Control Panel window, go to System & Security > System > System Protection.
- Choose the System Restore option.
- Go through all the on-screen instructions that appear on the Restore system files and settings page to finish the restoration process.
Hope, the above-mentioned methods have helped you to fix a stuck Windows update issue. Microsoft always tries to make the process of installing latest Windows update as pain-free as possible. If you experience any issues while installing Windows 10 updates, don’t panic. There are several troubleshooting methods to fix your issue.