There might be some issues that you may face while using your Airpods. Whenever there is a connection problem or you are facing issues while charging your Airpods then you need to reset AirPods. There are various methods like you can factory reset Airpods without phone or using your phone. The most common reason to reset your Airpods 1, AirPods 2, or any other edition is the problem that might occur while connecting them.
Here in this article, we have mentioned in detail information about proper methods to reset your AirPods. For very long the Apple company provides a built-in switch for power on and reset in its devices. However, there are some more technical methods to reset the latest products. Check out the detailed article to know how to reset your Airpods.
What happens when you reset AirPods?
Mainly, you need to reset the Airpods and the AirPods case when they are not charging properly. Over time, you might be just hitting the wrong spot of the charging capacity in tiny battery capsules or some issues can be easily resolved by performing a reset AirPods process.
You must know that Apple’s original Airpods, AirPods 2, and Airpods Pro all have a reset function that you can use for factory re–settings. This can be easily performed when you are using the wireless earphones to someone else or you are having issues with them.
How to reset AirPods without a phone?
You can easily reset both Airpods 1 and AirPods 2 even without using your phone. In case, if you want to reset them using your Mac and don’t know their password, check how to reset mac password. You can follow the steps given below to factory reset AirPods without a phone:
- First of all, make sure that both the Airpods are in the charging case and both the earbuds and the case are properly charging. For this, you have to check the small button on the back of the case near the button.
- Make sure the button is flashing light of the same color as that of your case. Once the AirPods are properly charged, open the charging case lid.
- After this, press and hold the button on the back of the case for at least 10-15 seconds.
- When you see the white and then the amber color light, then the process of resetting AirPods is completed.
How to reset Airpods Pro?
To reset your Airpods, you need to put your AirPods in the case and close the lid. If you don’t know your iCloud password, then firstly check proper methods to reset apple id password as this process will be impossible to proceed without it. Then follow the below-given points:
- Wait for 30 seconds and then open the lid and go to the “Settings” of your iOS device followed by the Bluetooth option. Then, click on the “I” button located adjacent to the AirPods.
- Next, click on the button indicating “Forget this device” and again click on the button to confirm.
- Don’t close the case lid of your Airpods and while doing so keep pressing the button located on the back of the case for about 15 seconds. Hold the button till the status light starts flashing of amber color.
- Now, open the case lid and place the AirPods close to the device and follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect the Airpods.
Once you are done with the above steps, ensure that the Airpods are reset now. Also, check whether your AirPods will no longer automatically recognize any of the devices that are currently linked with your iCloud account.
You must know that resetting your AirPods is very important, especially when it comes to troubleshoot any problem with your AirPods. You can fix almost all the issues with your AirPods by following this set of instructions and guidelines. We hope that this article has guided you enough to reset AirPods without any problem.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to connect AirPods to windows 10?
If you have to connect your AirPods with Windows 10 system, then go to the “Add a device” section of your Windows device. Then, open the cover of your AirPods case and tap the button available at its back. Now, you will get an option to add ‘Airpods’ on the ‘Add a device’ section on which you need to click to finally connect it.
What do I do if my AirPods won’t reset?
Firstly, ensure that your AirPods are properly fitted into the case as if they are loose, then the charging case will not recognize it and causes other issues. You just have to gently push down the Airpods in its case and ensure that they are perfectly fitting in it. After that, apply steps to reset your AirPods again and see if it works.
How to reset AirPods on Android?
To pair the Airpods with an Android smartphone, open the case’s lid and then tap and hold the AirPods’ setup button until the status light starts blinking. Now, navigate to your device’s Bluetooth menu and connect to the earbuds as you would with other accessories.