You might have experienced some instances when your Samsung devices may not work properly. It may not respond to any commands, or the apps installed on your device may not open up. In this scenario, it is important to perform a factory reset on your Samsung device to bring it again in working state. Many users have complaint about such issues in Samsung tablets, like Samsung Tablet 10.1 or any other. You must be familiar with certain steps to reset Samsung S5E tablet or any other tab that you are using, and it is advised to do it only if it is absolutely necessary.
It is also important to note that when you reset your Samsung tablet, it will automatically remove the linked Google accounts, data of the system as well as the app, customized settings. It will also remove all the apps and media from your device be it music, pictures, and videos. Here, in this article, you can check the detailed procedure to reset frozen Samsung galaxy tablet.
How do I Reset Samsung Tablet from the Settings Menu?
If you are simply resetting your device to bring it back to its original powerful configuration, then you must think as factory resetting may delete all the stored data. A soft reset can help you to fix the device for your personal use. So, it is recommended to perform the soft reset process first. Then move on to learn about how to factory reset a Samsung tablet.
You can use the Settings menu of your tablet to reset it. Mainly, this process is considered best to reset Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet, tablet 4, tablet 3, tablet e, and tablet 2. All you have to do is:
- First of all, open the “Settings” app in your tab.
- Now from the “Apps” menu, select the “privacy” option.
- From here, click on the option that indicates “Factory Data Reset” followed by a click on “Reset Tablet” button.
- After that, tap “Erase Everything” button to confirm your action.
- Make sure when you follow the above methods, all the data stored on your PC will be removed completely.
How do I Soft reset Samsung Galaxy tab?
You can also soft reset soft Samsung tablet in case you want to troubleshoot any problem. This process is basically the same as restarting your laptop or computer. It doesn’t affect the data stored on your device in any manner. You must also know the separate process for how to reset Samsung TV if you want to reset your TV. All you have to do is:
- Locate and hold the “Power” button until it displays a list of options on your tab screen.
- Now, click on “Restart” from the list of options that appeared on the screen.
- When a dialog box appears on your screen, click the “OK” button to confirm your action.
In case, if your tablet is in frozen state, then hold this button for about 10 seconds and wait.
Hard reset Samsung tab
You can also perform a hard reset of your device to bring it back to its factory default settings. This makes your device new just like when you bought it for the first time, i.e., it deletes everything that you have stored on it. But it is recommended to avoid using this method until it is not required and before doing this you must try some other methods. Follow the steps given below to hard reset Samsung tablet:
- Firstly, press and hold the “Volume Up + Home + Power” buttons simultaneously to turn it off.
- After that, release all these buttons when the recovery screen and the Samsung logo appear.
- Now, press the volume button to navigate to the menu.
- From there, click on the “wipe data/factory reset” option.
- Afterward, press “Home” followed by a click on the “Volume Up” option to continue.
After executing the above-mentioned points, your Samsung tablet will go into ‘Recovery Mode’. After which, you can use the ‘Volume Up’ key to select the ‘factory reset’ option. You may also tab the ‘Yes’ option to delete all user data. Once the command is properly executed, the whole process will take a few minutes to complete.