Having trouble while installing updates on your Windows 10, losing files on it, or unable to use the Start menu. Well, this is nothing new with Windows 10 and users end up getting frustrated using their Windows device. But, there is always a way out of such problems and, in this case, it is none other than factory resetting your PC.
Likewise, there are certain other circumstances where you may need to go through this process. For example, if you wish to get rid of your PC and decided to sell it off or give it one of your relatives, then also factory resetting will turn out to be helpful.
Henceforth, here is how you can tune up your PC and make it work like a new one once again.
Useful directions to factory reset Windows 10
Perform a factory reset with the help of these settings on your Windows 10 laptop, desktop, or PC.
- Open your device and click on the Start
- Move to the lower left of the window and select the Gear icon to access Settings.
- In the Settings window, select Update & Security.
- To continue, select the Recovery
- Under the Reset, this PC setting, select Get Started.
- On the resulting window, you have to choose from two options; Keep my files or Remove everything.
- With each choice, you will get some more settings to choose from.
- Select ‘Keep my files’ if you wish to restore the default settings without losing any data.
- Else, choose ‘Remove everything’ to make it look like a brand new PC without any personal files on it.
- After deciding what you want to do with your files, click ‘Next’.
- Windows will display a list of the files that will be removed based on your selection.
- Review it carefully and finally click
The reset process will take a couple of minutes to complete your instructions after restarting your device. When your PC gets back to normal, you can restore the backed up files if you chose to keep your files. For serving this purpose, you have to follow additional steps in accordance with the system restore Windows 10.
How to reset Windows 10 without login?
If you have forgotten your password and would like to reset windows 10 laptop, PC or tablet without logging in, then the solution for it lies right below:
- Power on your Windows 10 device to open the login screen.
- On this screen, select the ‘Power’ icon accessible at the screen’s lower right corner.
- Now, hold down the ‘Shift’ key and then choose Restart.
- Your device will now boot up and your screen will display certain options.
- On this screen, select
- Select the ‘Reset this PC’ button on the following screen.
- Either choose ‘Keep my files’ or choose ‘Remove everything’.
- If you choose the first option, you will be asked for the login password.
- In case you choose the latter one, you will see two more options.
- Choose either of the two options; Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive.
- Select the option of your choice and click
Windows 10 factory reset from boot
For most of the users, the above-given methods have worked perfectly. But, if you are an unlucky one, follow these instructions to reset Windows 10 from the Boot menu. Have a look at how to do this:
- Go to the Settings menu as directed above.
- Navigate to the Update & Security
- Select the Recovery option in the next tab.
- Choose Restart now present under the Advanced startup
- Your device will reboot in the Advanced startup
- Hold down the Shift key while you click on the Restart
- Otherwise, keep pressing the F11 key while booting your PC.
- After the three failed attempts you will reach the Advanced startup
- From this menu, choose Troubleshoot and go ahead with certain easy prompts.
Try refreshing your device either
Refreshing your device occasionally might make your system breathe a sigh of relief. To refresh it, you may simply right-click on the home screen and choose ‘Refresh’ from the drop-down menu. Likewise, you can press the F5 key for the same task. If you wish to change the refresh rate, follow these instructions:
- Right-click on the main screen of your desktop.
- Select Screen Resolution from the drop-down.
- Click the Advanced Settings
- Select the Monitor tab and decide on the refresh rate.
This is how you can change the refresh rate windows 10 from the given box.
Windows 10 users should keep it in their minds that there is no other method to factory reset Windows 10 apart from the ones mentioned above. If one of the solutions failed, try going with the other one.
How do I reset my computer without setting it?
- After booting your computer, press and hold the F8
- Select ‘Repair your Computer’ from the Advanced boot menu.
- Hit the Enter key, choose your language, and click Next.
- Provide the admin login credentials if asked.
- On the System Recovery window, select System Restore.
- Follow the prompts to reset your computer.
How do I factory reset my computer Windows 10 without a password?
- Open the Settings from the Start
- Select Updates & Security.
- Then, select the Recovery
- Choose the Get Started button present under Reset this PC.
- Select ‘Remove everything’ if you don’t have the password.
- Or, select ‘Keep my Files’ in case you remember the password.
- Once you decide the option, click
- Select Reset in the end.
Can you reset Windows 10 from BIOS?
No, you cannot reset Windows 10 from BIOS. But, you can reset the BIOS of your Windows device. To enter the BIOS, you need to use the Settings menu and reach the Advanced Startup section from the Troubleshoot tab. In it, select the UEFI Firmware Settings. Tap F1 or F2 when your device restarts.
How do I restore Windows 8.1 without a disk?
- Turn on your computer, press, and hold the F8 key.
- Do this right after your PC starts booting.
- Thus will open the Windows Advanced Options
- Here, you can choose ‘Safe mode’ with a Command prompt.
- As soon as it is highlighted hit the Enter
- Enter the Administrator login details.
- Enter %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe command in the command prompt.
How do I reset from the boot menu in Windows 10?
To reset your PC from the Boot menu:
- Press the Shift key and select Restart this PC.
- Click on the Power button on the Start
- Select Restart by pressing and holding the Shift key.
- After some time, the Advanced menu will appear.
- From here, you can reset your Windows 10.