Several features like high speed, security, reliability, etc. make Windows 10 the best version of operating system released by Microsoft. These features are the main reasons why instead of upgrading new Windows versions, Microsoft keeps releasing latest updates in Windows 10 OS. You may also experience some issues while using Windows 10. One of the common issues is your Windows 10 may stop working suddenly and this needs to be resolved at the earliest. Here, in this article, we have mentioned proper methods to bring your Windows 10 computer to working state.
What Makes Windows 10 Unable to Respond Properly?
There are several reasons due to which you may experience issues like Windows 10 won’t boot after update. Some of them are given below:
- Lack of system resources
- A software or hardware conflict
- Driver-related issues
- Problems with third-party software like the installed antivirus app
- Corrupted registry entries or missing system files
Quick Steps to Fix Windows 10 Not Responding After Update
You can reset Windows 10 or uninstall antivirus software from your system to fix such issues. Let’s check each one of them in detail:
Method 01: Disable Your Antivirus Temporarily
As explained, some antivirus software installed in your system can cause some issues with the operating system. When you are facing issues due to antivirus tools, you can temporarily disable them to resolve the problem:
Method 02: Close Unnecessary Applications
Overextended software can also cause Windows 10 not responding issues with your PC. If too many programs are running in your system at the same time, then one of the programs might freeze or not responds properly.
To avoid such a situation, close all the currently running apps which are not required at that time. For this, press Shift + Ctrl + Esc keys simultaneously to open Task Manager and then end some programs. Then check if the issue still persists.
Method 03: Reinstall the Problematic Program
If your program is still not responding, then try to reinstall the problematic software. For this:
- Press Win + S keys to open Search and then type control panel in the search box. Select the Control Panel app from the list of applications.
- Choose View by Category and then tap the “Uninstall a program” option.
- Right-click on the software that is creating issues and then choose Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and after that reinstall the program and check if it works properly.
Method 04: Update Available Drivers
Missing or outdated drivers can cause issues with your Windows 10 system. So, it is always recommended to keep your drivers updated. Follow the below-mentioned steps to update your drivers in Device Manager:
- Press Win + R keys to open Run prompt. Then type devmgmt.msc in the box and press Enter button to open Device Manager.
- Double-click the “Audio inputs and outputs” option to expand it and then right-click on your audio driver and choose Update driver.
- Now, select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and then go through all the instructions that appear on the screen to finish the process.
Repeat the above steps to updates all your drivers. Once you are done with updating all the drivers, restart your system to make the changes effective and check if Windows 10 responds properly.
Method 05: Restart Your Computer
If none of the above methods work, restart your system. You can even follow this step if you don’t want to end the programs. Restarting your system will definitely fix the program not responding issue. It is the easiest method to troubleshoot any potential conflicts issue on your computer.
Many users face the problem of Windows 10 not responding after startup or after installing the latest updates. If you are also facing this issue and bothering about solutions to fix it, here are some solutions to this issue. Don’t hesitate to try these troubleshooting methods.