Activision is a popular American video game developer and publisher that releases amazing video games for users. All you need is a valid Activision account in order to access all these games. There are some instances when you might forget your Activision account password. If you lost access to your Activision account, it is very important to get it back otherwise you can’t access any of these games. Check out the whole article to identify quick steps to reset or change your Activision account password.
Quick Steps to Recover Activision Account?
When you forgot your Activision account password, you cannot access your account. In such a case, you can follow the steps given below to reset it:
- First of all, you need to go to the “Activision account recovery” page, i.e., https://support.activision.com/account-recovery.
- Then, enter the email address in the login page linked with the account and tap on the “Submit” option.
- A few instructions to reset the password of your registered email account will appear on the screen.
- Now, check your email and go through the “Reset your password” link to reset the password.
- It must be noted that the link will be valid for only 24 hours. After clicking the link, you need to enter the new password when prompted on-screen.
- At last, click on the “Save” option.
How to Perform Activision Account Recovery?
If you have lost access to your Activision account, then you need to follow the few simple steps given below to recover it:-
- Open the “Activision Password recovery page”, i.e., https://s.activision.com/activision/forgotPassword.
- Now, enter the email address linked with the account that you want to recover and click on the “Submit” option.
- Then, you will get the instructions required to reset the password.
- Just follow all the instructions prompted on the “Activision password reset” window. Use this link as it will be valid only for 24 hours.
- Enter the new password and click on the “Save” button.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions if any.
Important Tips for Choosing Your New Password
There are some characteristics that you must keep in mind while resetting the password of your Activision account. Your new password must be unique in character and must be strong so that no one can hack it. It is strongly advised that the password of the Activision account must be at least 20 characters with at least one letter and one number.
There cannot be sequential characters such as alphabetic and numeric in your Activision account password. It is very important to have a strong password as it prevents your account from any unauthorized access.
How do I Recover Broken Activision Account?
If the above methods haven’t helped you, then you can visit https://support.activision.com/articles/resetting-password to check more methods to get your account back. If you are unable to log in to your account, then there can be an issue with your account. You might be entering the wrong password while signing into your account or there might be slow internet connection.
If your password is changed, then you may experience trouble while signing in to your account. Most importantly, you can follow the steps given below to reset or change the password of your Activision account:
- Navigate to the “Forgot Password” option and then enter the email address of your account.
- Ensure that you are logged out from all other accounts before you begin this process.
- Then, you will receive a mail for resetting your Activision password on your email. If you cannot find the email in your inbox folder, then check your spam folder.
- Then, enter your new password and use this password to sign in to your account and then update your profile properly.
Hope, the above steps might help you to recover your Activision account. Just go through each step, however, if you experience any problem, visit the Activision password reset webpage from its official website to troubleshoot any game-related queries.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get my Activision ID number?
If you are already accessing your Activision account, then log in using your account’s credentials. After successfully logged in to the account, the “Account Summary” will appear on the screen. In this summary, you will see “Activision ID Number” and this is actually the name that appears in the game as a player.
How do I log into Activision on ps4?
To log into Activision on ps4, go to the Activision account login page and click on the platform account that you want to log in to. Then, you’ll be redirected to the platform’s login page. Enter all the asked login credentials to log in to your platform account. After successful login, you’ll be redirected back to the Activision website.
Why can’t I make an Activision account?
There can be several reasons by which you cannot access your Activision account. It may be because of slow internet or improper configuration on your system. You might be entering the wrong login credentials.