Is your Apple TV giving you a tough time and you are unable to watch your favorite shows on it? There are times when your Apple TV may not work as expected and may start to give you technical glitches whenever you go on to use it. However, this should no longer be a hurdle if you try to perform some troubleshooting steps on it. So, if you are wondering that you should reset or restore Apple TV to its factory settings, then this ought to be the last thing you should be doing as it might remove all the personal settings that you made over it.
However, if you have tried everything else and your last hope lies in resetting your TV, then go on to read the sections given below. Although the methods to reset Apple TV might vary for Apple TV 1st Gen, Apple TV 2nd gen, Apple tv 3rd generation, and Apple tv 4k, some steps might be applicable to all of the Apple TV models. Read below to find out more.
Reset apple tv with remote
If you wish to reset apple tv with a remote, then you can follow the reset instructions given below:
- Grab your Apple TV remote
- Then, press and hold the “Menu” as well as “Home” button on it
- Keep doing so until you see that your TV’s status light is blinking continuously
- Now, you have to disconnect the TV’s power cable from the power source
- Furthermore, you have to wait for up to 5 seconds and then connect it again
- Now, go to the “Settings” menu of your TV
- Choose the option reading as “System”
- On the resulting screen, choose the “Restart” option
Reset apple tv password without remote
If you ever forgot the password of your Apple TV, then the only way to reset it is through resetting the TV itself so that all the personalized settings made over it are set back to the default. So, the method to reset your Apple TV without a remote has been listed below:
- Open the settings menu on your Apple TV
- Now, navigate to the “System” option
- From the available options, choose “Reset”
- Be patient until this process continues
- If that doesn’t help, contact Apple TV Support
You can also change your Apple id password or reset it and use the same for setting up a new passcode for your Apple TV.
Reset Apple TV without computer
- Go to the “Settings” of your TV
- Now, click on the “General” option (if your TV has that option)
- Scroll down the “System” option
- Next up, choose the “Reset” option
- Confirm your action
- And, wait for the process to end
Fix apple tv remote not working
Most of the functions on an Apple TV can only be performed using the Apple TV remote. So, if your Apple TV remote has stopped working, then you may fix it by using the easy steps given below:
- Your TV might have gone into sleep mode due to which you are unable to use your remote on it. To fix that, you may either press the Home or Menu button on the remote.
- You can also try to repair your remote by pointing it towards and pressing the “Home/Menu” button along with the “Volume Up” button on it. While pairing it, you might be asked to place it on the top portion of your television.
- A user can also turn on the accessibility feature by navigating to the “Settings” menu followed by “General” after which you can select “Accessibility” and make the necessary changes.
In today’s post, we have tried to solve the issue with your Apple TV by resetting the factory settings. We have also shed some light on how you can fix the remote of your Apple TV if it isn’t working. If you want to learn more about topics such as reset Roku tv or reset Samsung tv, then you may go through other articles present on our website.