Brother printer is one of the most popular printer brands that is used by many people across the globe. But sometimes, you might face problems while printing your documents using Brother printer. If your printer is not providing the desired results, then you have to change certain settings to its factory default to bring it again in a working state. Brother printers comes in various shapes and sizes, and the reset procedure varies as per the printer model.
How Factory Reset Solve Printer’s Issues?
Printer problems can be caused due to any reasons. It may be because of some issues in its interior, software and any kind of connectivity issues. There are some common troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix the issue. Simply turning on and off your printer can also help you in troubleshoot multiple issues.
But when the same issue appears again and again, then it’s time to give your printer a hard reset. Whatever the model you are using, a hard reset will revert your printing to its default factory settings. Hard resetting Brother MFC-l2700DW Printer or any other printing model means deleting all the connections, archives, assigned printer settings. It prevents your printers from repeating the same issues multiple times. A hard reset brother printer toner and drum also clears up everything and simplifies the process to set up and connect the printer with any device.
How to reset your brother HL-l2321D printer?
Luckily, there are some quick resetting methods that you can try to fix your Brother printers. Follow the solutions below to bring your Brother printer again in a working state:
Using Printer control panel:
Before moving further in this method, switch off your printer and make sure that all covers and lids are properly covered. Then apply following steps:
- Firstly, plug the power cord in the power socket and get ready to reset.
- Now, press and hold the “go” button located on the printer’s control panel. Wait for a while till the printer is completely turned ON.
- Release “go” button and wait till the light stops blinking.
- At last, press the ‘go” button for about 5-6 times when the light indicators are active again.
The above steps will help you to reset Brother printer password and its settings to the default factory settings.
Using Software reset:
You can also reset the printer from its official site, i.e., www.Brother.com. Then, click on the “Support” menu and select the “Drivers and Downloads” option and click on “Printers” from the dropdown menu that appeared on screen.
- Select your printer model and click on the “view” and “your results” option. Now, select your OS (operating system) and click on the “search” button. Check for the result and click on the “Information and Download” link followed by the click on the “Download” button.
- Run the downloaded program and follow the instructions until completion. Launch BRAdmin software and select Brother HL-2270DW printer to reset.
- Open “Control” menu and click on the “Network Configuration” option. Type in your password and then click “OK”.
- Navigate the “Control” menu and select “Factory Reset”.
Resetting your Brother printer to the default factory setting can help you troubleshoot all the printer issues. But before resetting it is recommended to create a backup file for all your documents, archives, passwords, and IP addresses.