Many popular printer companies like Epson and HP usually offer firmware updates to troubleshoot some common software-related issues and other problems. Firmware updates also play an important role in improving the overall performance of your printer. However, sometimes, they became a major drawback when you are using remanufactured or compatible ink cartridges. In such a case you have to continue the Epson printer firmware reset process to bring your printer in a working state.
Though Firmware is needed to fix some-common printer issues on one hand but it can also restrict the use of third-party ink cartridges. And sometimes, it prevents your system from printing your documents. To back your printer again in a working state, you have to reset Epson printer to factory settings.
How to do an Epson Printer Firmware Downgrade?
Recently, Epson printers have introduced a new firmware update. If you are facing problems with that latest update, you can easily perform Epson printer firmware downgrade to fix your issue. You can also refer to the instructions below on how to downgrade Epson firmware upgrades.
- Firstly, connect your Epson printer to your computer via the USB printer cable. While performing the Epson firmware printer reset process, a USB connection is required instead of connecting your printer and computer with the Wi-Fi network.
- Remove the Epson ink cartridges from their respective slots. This will help you to ensure if there is any cartridge-related error after the alternate firmware is applied.
- Shut down your Epson printer. And once the printer is successfully turned off, complete the steps given-below until the firmware update screen appears.
- Now, download the previous firmware from the manufacturer’s official website. You have to determine the ideal firmware as most of the printer companies quickly remove outdated firmware from their site. Be more careful while installing the firmware as per your Epson XP model.
- After downloading the firmware installer, open the file in your system. Go through all the on-screen instructions for the installation process. Wait for several minutes till the entire process is successfully completed. Once the steps are executed, you will receive a notification message on your printer’s LCD.
After completing the Epson printer cartridge reset or downgrading process, click on OK button or disconnect your printer’s power cable to turn it off. If any pop-up window appears, install the compatible Epson ink cartridge and then finish the ink initialization process.
How do I disable Auto Update Settings from Epson Software Updater?
If the problem is because of Epson printer software, you can disable auto-update settings. For this:
- Press Windows + S keys simultaneously and search for ‘Epson Software Updater’ program in the Windows search bar.
- Choose your printer model from the list.
- Click on the ‘Never’ option from the drop-down menu adjacent to the ‘Interval to Check’ column. This will automatically turn off or disable the auto firmware update.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button and then ‘Exit’ to save your new settings.
How to reset Epson printer ink pad counter?
To reset the ink pad counter, you can apply any of the following methods
- Firstly, clean or replace the ink pad manually.
- You can also fix this ink pad service by resetting the Epson reset utility option of your printer.
How do I update my Epson printer firmware?
To update your Epson printer firmware, open its Software Updater from the Applications > Epson Software folder. If you can’t access the Epson Software Updater utility, you can download it from the official site. Select Epson Firmware Update by checking the box adjacent to it, then click on the Install button and tap the Agree button to continue.
How do I reset my Epson printer without the software?
To reset your Epson printer without any software, open the Home menu on the Control Panel of your printer by tapping the Home button. Tap any of the left or right navigation buttons to find the Restore Default Settings. Then, click on the OK button to complete the process.
An Epson printer firmware downgrade or hard reset Epson printer brings your printer function again in the older version of your firmware just like before it was updated. After downgrading the printer firmware, you can print your documents with ease. Epson printer firmware downgrade guide works for various printer models.