Though HP printers are one among the most commonly used printer brands. But there are some instances when you face problems while using this printer with your system. In such cases, you need to reset the HP printer network settings to bring it again in a working state. It is important to rest your HP printer when you have an old printer that you want to recover or if it displays an error message.
In most cases, you might receive a reset HP Printer error message. There is a possibility that the problem you are facing while printer set up may also be rectified after rebooting it. You can perform HP printer hard reset to bring your printer back to normal function. Check out the complete details to reset the HP printer from this article.
How do I Reset HP Printer Network Settings?
You can use your HP printer through Wi-Fi by establishing a wireless connection with a computer or any other device. But you have to reset its network settings in case of a fresh installation. For this, you need to follow certain steps to reset the network settings of your wireless HP printers to restore their default settings. All you have to do is:
- First of all, make sure that you tap the Power button to power on the printer.
- Now, when the printer is successfully turned on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.
- After disconnecting the power cord from the power socket, wait for at least 15 seconds.
- Now, again plug in the power cord to the wall outlet and also reconnect it to the back side of the printer.
- Wait till the printer turn on by itself, then press the Power button to turn it on.
- Now, print a test sample to check if the printer is in a working state. For this, insert the plain white paper into the input paper tray to check the printer is working properly.
- Then, press the Setup button followed by a click on the Right Arrow button to select Print Report and then click on the OK button.
- You might have noticed that after following the above steps, the Print Report menu will appear on your screen. Now, press the Right Arrow button to choose the Self-test Report and then tap the OK.
How to Reset an HP Wireless Printer Password?
If you are facing problems with your HP wireless printer, you can resolve the problem by resetting the HP wireless printer password. There can be several password issues that you may face while using your HP wireless printers and resetting your HP printer to its factory mode. You can reset ink Wireless printer password by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, turn on your printer and then disconnect the power cord and unplug it from the power socket.
- If you are using the USB cable, remove it.
- Then, wait for 2-3 minutes, and then press and hold the Power button of your HP wireless printer for at least 30 seconds. HP printer ink cartridge secret reset button can also help you to troubleshoot any issues.
- Again, connect the power cable to the wall outlet and then plug the power cord again into the printer.
Once you are done with the above steps, again turn on your printer and wait till the printer warm-up period finishes. Then, immediately move further to install your HP printer software. You have around 2 hours of time to complete the printer setup process using HP auto wireless connect feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to reset the HP printer without a screen?
To reset your HP printer without LCD, Press the ‘Cancel’ button and then hold the ‘Wireless’ and ‘Cancel’ buttons together for 5 seconds. This will wake the printer from sleep mode.
How do I connect my HP printer to a new WIFI?
Firstly, place the printer near the Wi-Fi router and check whether the paper is properly loaded in the main tray. Then, turn on the printer and select the Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless Settings, or Network Setup menu. Choose the name of your wireless network, and then enter the password to connect your system with the printer.
How to reset the HP printer wifi password?
To reset your Wifi password, follow the steps given below:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer by removing it from the power socket.
- Wait for a few minutes, then press the power button for at least 30 seconds.
- Again, connect the power cable with the wall socket and then immediately install the HP printer software and complete the whole installation process.