Have you forgotten the PIN of your Roku account and now looking for ways to Roku PIN reset? Changing or resetting a Roku PIN is quite easy and can be done in a few minutes. The necessity of resetting a Roku PIN arises when a user needs to make any kind of purchase from his Roku device or when he wishes to get hands-on new video content. So, to manage everything that you do with your Roku device, you must know your Roku PIN.
What is my Roku pin? Learn to create, update, and use it
Well, a Roku PIN is a four-digit code that a user creates while he registers himself for using Roku devices and there are different purposes that can be served using this PIN. With it, you can make or limit purchases from your Roku account. Whenever you wish to install a new channel to your Roku device, you shall be prompted to enter this PIN.
Method to create or update Roku PIN
- From your browser, go to my.roku.com
- When asked, log in to your Roku account
- Now, navigate to the PIN Preferences section
- And, select the “Update” button present under it
- On the “Settings” menu, you can create a new PIN
- You will be asked to enter your correct PIN as well
- Select the user preferences in the next step
- Finally, click on the “Save” changes button
Things you can do with a Roku PIN
- Make payments for your new channel purchases
- Prevent unauthorized users to make purchases on your behalf
- With it, you can easily set up a payment method or change the existing one
- It also lets you buy Roku accessories from the roku.com/link portal
- However, it does not work as the content filter
Reset your forgotten Roku account pin
Forgot Roku account PIN? Well, you can easily reset it by using the easy instructions given here. Since there is no direct way to reset the PIN, performing a factory reset on Roku will help you in clearing all the data stored over it:
- Press the “home” button on your Roku remote
- Now, scroll down and find the “Settings” menu
- Using the right arrow button, select the “System” option
- Again, using the arrow buttons, select “Advanced system settings”
- Find out the “factory reset” option and select it
- On the next screen, select “Factory reset everything”
- Follow some more prompts and tap “OK”
If a code is shown to you during this process, make sure to note it down as you will need it later. Else, you can go directly to the go.roku.com/pin reset page and do as described. Here, you can learn the process to do roku pin code reset.
Fix Roku invalid pin
In case you are getting an invalid error even after entering the correct PIN, then you may either update your PIN or perform a factory reset on your Roku device. To do that, you can go to the go.roku.com/pin page, log in to your Roku account. After logging in, go to the “Pin Preferences” section from the “My Account” tab. Here, you can choose to do whatever you like to. Else, you need to perform a Roku pin reset by going to the go.roku.com/pin page.
How to get Roku account?
- Go to Roku’s official website
- Tap on the “Sign In” option at the top
- On the sign-in page, select “create account”
- Enter the relevant details on the sign-up page
- Start making purchases of your favorite Roku services
How do I find out my Roku PIN number?
- Go to the “My Roku” page from a browser
- If prompted, log in to your Roku account
- Then, go to the “PIN Preferences” page
- Now, select the “Update” option under it
- Choose one of the three given options
- Here, you can create a PIN and save it
Is there a default Roku pin?
No, there is no default Roku PIN. However, you should create a PIN yourself after logging in to your Roku account and navigating to the “PIN Preferences” section. In case you have created a PIN but have forgotten it, then you can reset your Roku PIN.
Where to find WPS pin Roku?
Roku does not support and allow a user to connect it wirelessly through the WPS method. To connect your Roku wirelessly, you need to find out the wireless network password and then use it to connect to a network connection.
How can I recover my Roku pin?
A Roku PIN cannot be recovered but can be updated directly from your Roku account. All you need to do is go to the official website of Roku, log in to your account, and then go to the “My Account” tab. Here, you can go to the “PIN preferences” section and choose to “Update” it.
Why is my Roku pin is not working?
It might be the case that you have forgotten your PIN and entering the wrong PIN instead. In this scenario, you can reset your Roku PIN or update it by logging in to your Roku account. If nothing helps, you need to perform a factory reset of your Roku device.
How do I remove my Roku pin?
To remove your PIN for making purchases from your Roku account, you have to first log in to your account and go to the PIN Preferences section from the “My Account” tab. Here, you need to tap on the “Update” option and select the last option “A PIN is not required to make any purchase or add any item from the Channel Store.”
By reading this post, we can say that it is a must that you remember your Roku PIN as you might need it on different occasions while you are using Roku services. To know in-depth details on Roku tv reset, reset Roku remote, or Change Roku Password you can navigate to the official website of Roku.