Is your Samsung TV giving you a tough time and you are thinking to reset it? Although it is not recommended that you reset the Samsung tv, at times this is the only choice left to a user. However, the important thing here is to know the correct method of resetting your smart TV. This article explains how the complete reset method works and the steps you need to complete. So, if you have been also looking for the same procedure, then read this article thoroughly and then apply the procedures given here.
Samsung smart TV reset without PIN
If you have forgotten the PIN of your Samsung smart TV and wish to reset it without the PIN, then you may do so by using the steps as explained below:
- First you have to put the TV in standby mode
- Do this by simply pressing the power button on your remote
- Now, press this sequence on your remote:
Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power
- Try pressing these buttons quickly one after the other
- Now, wait for 10-15 seconds
- And, the menu will appear on your screen
- Select the “Reset” option and press “Enter”
- You can do this by using the arrow keys
- For “Enter” you may press the “Select/OK” button
- If you can’t find the reset option, it can be found under the “Options” menu
As soon as you reset the TV, you need to turn it back on just like you normally do and see if has helped resolve the issue or not.
Alternate way: in case you have forgotten the PIN and still wish to reset your Samsung smart TV, then you may do so by opting to Reset PIN/Forced factory reset the TV.
Resetting Samsung smart tv With remote.
- Begin by pressing the “Menu” button on your remote
- The TV’s menu will now appear on your screen
- Select the “Support” option using the arrow keys
- And then, choose the “Enter” option represented by the “OK/Select” button
- On the next screen, select “Self Diagnosis” and press the “OK” key
- After that, select “Reset” followed by choosing the “OK” option
- Now, enter the PIN whereby the default PIN is “0000”
- Else, enter the PIN that you have changed to
- On the next screen, select “Yes” and press “OK”
- If the TV does not turn back on itself, do it yourself after some time
Samsung tv factory reset without remote control
To factory reset your TV without, follow these steps:
- Locate the power button on your TV
- Turn off your TV using this
- Now, on the back of the TV, find the “Start” button
- Press and hold it for 15 seconds
- Now, turn on the TV by pressing the “Power” button
Hard Reset Samsung TV network settings
On the “Samsung TV factory reset and self-diagnosis tools” page, you can easily find the settings to reset the Samsung network:
- Open the “Settings” menu of your TV
- Select the “General” option
- Now, select “Reset” and then enter the PIN
- Then, select “Reset” again and complete the reset by pressing “OK”
- And, wait for the TV to turn back on again automatically
Reset Netflix on Samsung smart TV
- Press and hold the “Power” button on your remote
- Continue to press this button for 30 seconds
- This will force the TV to reboot
- When you reboot the TV like this, the “Netflix” app will also reset
Reset smart hub on Samsung TV
- Open the “Settings” of your Samsung TV
- Then, select the “Support” option
- Now, select the “Self Diagnosis” option
- In this menu, select “Reset Smart Hub”
Note: the reset methods that are listed here might not work to reset Roku tv, reset Vizio tv, LG tv factory reset, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to reset Samsung TV with black screen?
If your Samsung tv shows a completely black screen and you want to reset it, then disconnect the power cord and press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Now, you have to plug it back in and press the power button once again. Wait for the screen to turn on.
How to reset Samsung Smart TV password?
If you have forgotten the password of your Samsung Tv and you wish to reset it, then press the Mute > 8> 2 >4 buttons one by one quickly. This will reset the TV and the default would be 0000 that can be changed later on.
How do I factory reset my Samsung tv without picture?
Keep the tv turned on and simultaneously press and hold the “Exit” button on the remote of your TV. Keep pressing the same button for 10-15 seconds and then you will see the standby light blinking. Now, select OK on the factory reset screen.
How to reset channels on Samsung TV?
On the remote of your Samsung TV, press the “Menu” button. After that, you need to select “Channel menu” on the main menu and select “OK.” Then, select “auto program” followed by pressing “OK” again. Now, choose Air, Cable, or both.
How to reset Netflix app on Samsung smart tv?
Select the “Settings” menu on the home screen and then choose “Netflix” from the list. After that, take the “Reset” toggle towards the “On” position and press the “Home” button on your remote.
How do I reset my Samsung tv if it won’t turn on?
If you want to reset your TV when it fails to turn on, then you should unplug it from the power source. After that, you have to keep it that way for at least 30 seconds. Plug back the power cable and your tv is reset with this. If not, then go for a hard reset.
In the end, all we can say is it is not difficult to reset Samsung tv, but knowing the method that would suit you the best is. Once you know which method to apply, you will be right where you wanted. Apart from that, users should also note that if they have forgotten the PIN of their Samsung TV, then they may easily Change Samsung Password or reset their PIN.