Spectrum is one of the popular internet service providers that deliver Wi-Fi, cable, and telephone services to various parts of the U.S. Now, it is known as one of the most popular cables and internet providers in the country that delivers excellent services in versatile domains. It is important to install all the equipment after signing in to the Spectrum account. It is quite difficult to set up your Spectrum router for a home or business connection. You can easily reset the spectrum router and modem if you face any problems while using it.
When you set up a new router from Spectrum, the first thing you have to do is change the default Wi-Fi password and network name. Resetting basically makes it easier for users to remember the Wi-Fi password. It also makes it very difficult for hackers to change private information like bank details from your network. Here’s how to reset the password of your Spectrum router and its name using various methods. You can do so using your online account, the My Spectrum app, or your router’s web interface.
How Do I Reset My Spectrum WiFi Password and Network Name?
What if you forgot the spectrum router password? You can easily change your Spectrum WiFi password and name. All you have to do is open a web browser and type in your router’s IP address in the address bar. Then log in to your spectrum account and choose the band you want to change. To simplify the process, we have mentioned the detailed process in some quick steps that are given below:
- Firstly, to change the password of your spectrum router, find the IP address of your router. It is generally located on the back of your Spectrum router or adjacent to Router login. Usually, the IP address is 192.168.1.1. However, it may vary, depending on your setup.
- Then, open any web browser installed in your system. You can use any of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or any other web browser for this purpose.
- Next, type your router’s IP address into the address bar and hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Then, log in to your account using the current user name and password of your Spectrum router. Click on the Login button; this will display all the information about your router.
- Click on the Advanced tab located at the top of your window. If the advanced tab is not available there, you can skip this step.
- Next, choose one among the 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi panel. In case if you are using a dual-band router, you can choose between two different bands. Each among both of these has its own WiFi network name and password.
- Then, click on the Basic tab and enter a new network name in the SSID field.
- Then you need to enter a new WiFi password in the Security Setting section. By default, your security setting is WPA2 personal, but you can change it as per your needs. Keep your password more secure and note it anywhere for further use.
- Re-enter your new Wi-Fi password in the box that follows. At last, click on the Apply button located at the bottom-right of the page. Apply button basically saves all your changes.
How do I Reset Spectrum WiFi Password and Name from My Spectrum App?
You can also use the Spectrum app to reset your router’s password and its name. For this, firstly download the My Spectrum app and log in with your username and password. Then go through Services > Update and enter your new password and network name. In short, all you have to do is:
- Firstly, download the My Spectrum app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store for your Android smartphone and iPhones and other Apple devices respectively.
- Then open the app and go through all the terms and conditions. Accept them to move further.
- Now, enter your Spectrum username and password and click on the Sign In button. Then click on the Services tab located at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, click on the button indicating, View & Edit Network Info.
- Then enter your new password and network name.
- At last, click on the Save button.
What is the IP address for spectrum router?
Spectrum routers usually work on the following two IP addresses: http://192.168.1.1/ and http://192.168.0.1/.
How do I enter the WPS pin on spectrum router?
Go to the WPS Method field and click on the radio button beside the Client PIN Code option. Locate the WPS PIN of your wireless device and return to the router’s web page and enter the WPS PIN in the PIN Code field. It can help you fix Spectrum router WPS not working.
Why is my spectrum router light red?
A flashing red light on the Spectrum router indicates that the router is not able to establish an Internet connection. A solid red light tells that the device is unable to achieve a normal operating state.
How do I log into my spectrum router?
Open any browser installed on your device and type in Spectrum router’s IP address in the address bar. It is usually located at the back of the router. If you’re unable to find it, type in any of the two in the search box: http://192.168.1.1/and http://192.168.0.1/.