Are you experiencing issues with your Firestick remote? Don’t worry, we will help you to fix it. There are several reasons why your Firestick remote may not work properly. In such cases, it’s worth resetting your remote to quickly fix those issues. The reset process depends on the model that you are using. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some effective ways to reset the most popular Fire TV Stick remotes.
Before you reset your Firestick Remote
Before you start the process of resetting your Firestick remote, it is important to do certain things. For example, you need to check whether the batteries are working fine or not. Make sure that the batteries are not dead or dying. If the batteries are not proper, then obviously your Fire TV Stick Remote will not behave normally.
Next, always try to use your remote by keeping it at a close distance to your Fire TV Stick. These remotes only work under a certain range of distance. So make sure you are close to your fire TV.
Steps to Reset Firestick Remote – Basic Edition
The Basic Edition Fire TV Remote consist of six buttons and a D-Pad. You can apply the following steps to reset the Basic Edition Fire TV Remote:
- Firstly, press and hold the Home button and then tap the Menu button three-four times.
- Now, press the Menu button multiple times (approx 9-10 times).
- Next, you have to remove the batteries from your remote.
- Then unplug your Fire TV Stick and wait for a few minutes.
- After that, reinsert the batteries into your remote and plug your Fire TV Stick again.
- After completely booting up your Fire TV Stick, the home screen appears. You have to press and hold down the Home button located on your remote for about 40 seconds.
And that’s it. You can even reset the pin firestick if you have forgotten it. Once you are done with the above steps, the basic edition of the Fire TV Remote is reset.
How to Factory Reset Firestick 1st Generation Remote?
In case, if you have the first generation Fire TV Stick remote, you can reset it using the following steps:
- First of all, you have to disconnect your Fire TV Stick’s power cord and wait for about one minute.
- Now, press and hold down the left buttons on your remote along with the Menu buttons for around 12 seconds.
- Remove the remote’s batteries and keep it idle for about five seconds.
- Again connect your Fire TV Stick back in and turn ON the device.
- Wait for one minute and then place the batteries back into your remote.
- At last, press the Home button on your remote.
How Do I Reset Firestick without Remote or WiFi?
If you want to reset your Firestick without remote or WiFi, you have to enable HDMI-CEC on your TV. For this:
- Hold your TV remote and press the Menu button.
- Locate and enable HDMI-CEC.
Now you can control your Firestick using your TV remote. To reset your Firestick, go to Settings > Device > Reset to Factory Defaults > Reset.
Reset Amazon Firestick TV Remotes
It is easy to reset Firestick to factory conditions, just tap the Home button on your remote and navigate to Settings. Then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Select My Fire TV. This may also appear as a Device or System if you are using an older Fire TV Stick.
- Then, scroll down and choose Reset option to Factory reset your Firestick remote. In case, if you are asked to provide any PIN, enter it. If you don’t know your PIC, visit https://www.amazon.com/pin.
- At last, click the Reset button.
After completing the above-mentioned steps, you will be notified that the device is properly reset to factory defaults. Wait till the process is finished and don’t disconnect the device during the whole process. Also, ensure that there will be no power cut while the process is ongoing as after that you need to start the whole process again.
Resetting your Firestick remote can help you to troubleshoot any issues with Amazon Firestick TV. If the problem still persists with your device, you can update or reset your Fire TV. These methods can also help you to resolve many problems on your streaming stick.