Sometimes, resetting the network setting of your devices can help you to fix a lot of problems. So, if you are an iOS device user, then it is important to know the detailed procedure to reset network settings iPhone, iPad, and iPod. All the iOS devices offer many resetting options by which you can easily resolve issues in your iOS device without even complete formatting the same.
For example, it provides the option to reset app preferences for iPhone, iPad, and iPod. It also provides an option to reset the location along with privacy settings for these iOS devices. There is one standard reset network settings option that is available on these devices. Resetting the network settings can help you whenever there are any issues related to Wi-Fi on your iPhone. Here, in this article, we have mentioned some quick methods for how to reset iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Quick Steps for How to Soft Reset an iPhone?
Soft resetting basically refers to the process of turning off your iPhone 12 pro max or any other iPhone for a while before turning it on. The significance of the simply rebooting process is to manage various software bugs in rogue apps. Along with this, the soft reset also helps in cleaning the cache and other temporary files stored on the iPhone’s internal storage. This in results, increases the overall performance of your device.
Follow the steps given below to soft reset iPhone XR or any other iPhone:
- First of all, press and hold the Power button and Volume-up button simultaneously for seconds.
- Then, immediately release both the buttons once the Slide to Power Off icon appears on the screen. Don’t turn off your device by sliding it.
- Wait for about 30 seconds, and then long-press the Power button on the side of your iPhone until your device starts rebooting.
- If your device has an activated password, then you need to enter the password to access the home screen.
How to Force Reset an iPhone 11, iPhone X or other iPhones?
Force reset or Hard reset iPhone is another alternative of soft reset for any iPhone. In this method, you have to force your iPhone 11 or other iPhones to shut down and restart. It is recommended to force reset your iPhone only when it enters a sudden unresponsive mode or if its application may get freezes/ hangs. Just like soft reset, this method also dumps temporary files and memory cache, but in a different method.
Follow the steps given below to force reset your iPhone XX or any of your iPhone:
- Quickly press and after a while release the volume-up button.
- Then similarly, quick-press and release the volume-down button.
- At last, long-press the power button located at the side of the iPhone. Release the power button when you see the Apple logo on the screen of your device.
How do I reset Network settings on my iPhone?
If you are facing any kind of network connection problem with your iPhone, then it is recommended to reset its network settings. This helps you to fix all the problem due to improper network-related configurations on an iPhone 8, iPhone X, or any other iPhone. This process troubleshoots all the available network configurations and settings to restore the default connection settings. The network settings reset option helps you to fix all internet connection issues, like slow, intermittent or zero connections. Given below are the detailed steps that you can follow to reset the Network settings:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, click on the General tap.
- Now, scroll down till you find the Reset option.
- Now click on the option indicating, “Reset network settings”.
- In the prompted screen, enter your iPhone passcode.
- At last, click on the option to confirm the network settings reset process.
This process will take some time. Till it is advised to be patient as your iPhone finishes resetting its network settings process. Once the process is successfully executed, the device will restart itself. Again, wait for a while till the reboot process is complete and then establish a new internet connection with iPhone. Check if everything is working well.
How to Factory Reset Your iPad or iPod?
It is very easy to reset iPad or iPod. All you have to do is:
- Open the Settings app on your iPad and then click on the “General” tab.
- Then, click on the “Reset” option and then tap the “Erase All Contents and Settings” option.
- Again, click on the “Backup Then Erase” option if you have to copy your iPad’s content before the reset. If you’ve already done this process recently, click on the “Erase Now” button.
- Enter your iPad’s passcode to confirm that you have the rights to make changes to your iPad.
The above-mentioned methods will help you to reset any of the iPhone devices. These methods work effectively – however, we are not responsible for any damages that might occur to your devices.