Besides big players like Gmail and Yahoo, AOL email is also one of the most popular and standard email service providers. Well, if you are using an AOL email account, you might face some issues like lost or forgotten account login password, unable to send or receive emails, or AOL account not working properly. There are some instances when you have to reset AOL account password to solve all such issues.
Why Should I Reset AOL Account Password?
Mainly, there are two situations when you have to change your AOL password:
- If you forget the AOL password and want to recover it, and
- When you want to change the old AOL password.
It is generally recommended to recover the AOL password if it seems that someone has leaked your account password or when you have a good practice of changing your password periodically. It is advised to change your AOL password at least once in a month.
How do I Change AOL Mail Password in a Web Browser?
If you want to reset AOL password without phone number from any browser, you need to follow certain steps. You must change your AOL Mail password if any suspicious activity is noticed on your account or if it seems to be hacked. You can also change your password to make it stronger and more difficult to deduce. All the changes while resetting your current password are to be done in your AOL account information screen. Follow the steps given below to change AOL mail password on any Web browser:
- Visit login.aol.com to log in to your account.
- Enter your username, email address, or phone number in the account information screen.
- Click on the Account Security option from the left panel.
- Navigate to the How you sign in section and click on the Change password option.
- Again, sign in to your AOL account and complete the process to prove you’re not a robot.
- Type in the new password in the field adjacent to the New password option. AOL will automatically evaluate the strength of the new password. Click on the Continue button to save your new password.
- Once you are done with the above steps, click on the Continue button to move further.
If the new password entered by you looks good, then your password will be automatically upgraded. You can also add a recovery email address or recovery phone number, this is optional so it is not mandatory to enter such information.
Quick Methods to Change Your AOL Mail Password in iOS
If you access your AOL account on the app on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, then you can directly change the password from the app. Follow the steps given below to reset AOL password on iPhone or iPad:
- Open your AOL mail account in the app and then click on the menu button from the upper-left corner.
- Click on the Settings & privacy option.
- Then, click on the Manage Account option from the top.
- Click on the Account Info option for the account of which you want to change the password.
- Next, click on the Security Settings option.
- Click on the Change password option and then enter a new password and tap the Continue button.
If you are facing a problem is accessing your account, even after changing password, you need to visit help.aol.com/articles/help-signing-in to get further assistance.
Common Tips for Choosing a Stronger New Password
There are several tips that you can opt for while choosing your password at the official site, i.e., www.mail.aol.com or the mobile app. We know that long passwords are difficult to crack and harder to remember in comparison to short passwords. You can keep the following points in mind while choosing your password:
- It is generally suggested to use a brief complete sentence without any space while resetting AOL password on Android, iOS, or any other device.
- Use numbers or special characters to make your password stronger.
- Change your password regularly after every three or six months.
Once you know the detailed process for “how to change AOL password?”, follow all the steps to reset your password. Changing the password can solve multiple AOL mail-related problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to bypass the AOL email password?
To secure your AOL accounts or to access all the AOL services, you need a strong password for your account. Follow the steps given below to bypass the AOL email password:
- Visit the “Account Security page”.
- Click the button to “Change AOL Password.”
- Type a new password in.
- You need only click on the “Continue” link after this.
Why Does AOL Won’t Let Me Reset My Password?
There might be several reasons why your AOL account makes you unable to reset your account password. It can occur if someone has hacked your account or you have changed the AOL recovery options.
How do I find my AOL username and password?
You can find your AOL username from the Sign-in Helper page. All you need to do is enter your recovery email address or phone number, then follow on-screen steps to retrieve your username. Click on the Next button followed by a click on I forgot my password option to retrieve your password.