Are you facing a problem with your ASUS router or modem? If yes, then you can even reset your router to fix the issue. There are a couple of options that you can try for this purpose. While most devices depend on a factory reset button, ASUS some online web-based options to reset your router. One of the most commonly asked questions is about how to reset the ASUS router. Check out all the methods to factory reset your router from this article.
How do I Reset the ASUS router to factory settings?
There are various methods for how to reset the router to a factory default setting. Reset is actually a pinhole button located on the back of your router that completely wipes out all of the settings and fixes almost all the issues. Generally, resetting your modem and/or router is the last option to troubleshoot the problem.
Performing a reset Netgear router, Asus router or any other router will erase both volatile memory and non-volatile memory. Resetting the router changes all its configuration. You can reset Linksys router or any other using the button located on the body. For example, many routers come with a default administrator name and password that you should change to prevent unauthorized access.
Quick Steps to Reset Your ASUS Router Using the Factory Reset Button
ASUS router consists of a factory reset button that you can use to reset your router. All you have to do is:
- Firstly, Locate the reset button which can be found on the back of your ASUS device. If you’re not sure which button to use, refer to its manual guide or search online for your ASUS device model. You can visit the official ASUS support page to find the reset button specifically for your router.
- Press and hold the Reset button for about 5 seconds to power on your router/modem.
- When the LED starts flashing properly, leave the button. After this, the factory reset process will be initiated.
You can also reset the Xfinity router or any other router using the same steps.
How can I Reset ASUS Router using a web browser?
ASUS provides an exclusive feature to reset routers and modems. You can reset to factory default settings using a web browser. You must have a device connected to the ASUS network to reset it. All you have to do is:
- First of all, open a web browser installed in your system (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Go to http://router.asus.com or type in the IP address of your router in the address bar. Usually, the default IP address for ASUS devices is 192.168.1.1.
- Enter all the asked details to log in to your ASUS device.
- Click on the Administration option under the Advanced Settings panel.
- Navigate to the Restore/Save/Upload Setting tab.
- Choose the Restore option adjacent to Factory default.
- At last, click on the OK button to confirm the changes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I reboot my ASUS RT ac68u?
You can reboot the ASUS RT-AC68U router by pressing and holding the reset button located on the router until the power light on the router begins to flash. Then release the button and check if the router has reset the settings.
How to change the wifi password ASUS router or modem?
- To reset your ASUS router password, open your web browser and go to http://192.168.1.1. Now, enter the router user name and password.
- After logging in, navigate to [Wireless] >> [General] and change your WiFi password from the ‘WPA Pre-Shared’ section.
At last, click on the OK button to save your settings.