Canon printers are mainly known for their advanced features and top-notch print services around the globe. However, sometimes you may face problems while using the Canon printing device, and this leads to resetting your devices. But resetting a printer is not as easy as it sounds. You need to be familiar with the exact steps to reset your printer as the device’s technical systems and user interfaces make the resetting process quite difficult. Here, in this article, we have mentioned how to reset a Canon printer. So, let’s start without wasting our time.
Quick Methods to Manually Reset a Canon Printer
Resetting a Canon printer is a quick and easy process. You need to go through certain steps in order to reset Canon printer WiFi.
Method 01: Power Resetting of Canon Printer:
Before you perform a hard reset of Canon printer to troubleshoot its issues, try to power reset your printing device. This soft reset process brings your Canon device back to its normal functioning. For this:
- First of all, shut down your Canon Printer and disconnect the power cable from the direct power source. Then, make sure that your device is completely disconnected.
- Now, re-connect the power cable in the power socket and switch ON your device. Connect your printer using the Ethernet cable.
- At last, print a sample document to ensure that your Canon printer is working properly.
Method 02: Reset Canon Printer Ink:
Popular Canon Inkjet printers have an inbuilt special chip that indicates users to refill ink cartridges when the old ones get out of ink. In such cases, you should replace the ink cartridges to avail of the normal printing operations. You can follow the below-given steps to reset Canon printer ink and bring your printer back to a working state:
- Firstly, remove the ink cartridge of your Canon printer and insert it into the main channel.
- Next, make sure that the chip on the ink cartridge is working fine and in proper contact with the resetter.
- Now, gently hold the ink cartridge till the LED light on the chip resetter starts flashing. Keep holding the ink cartridge till the light becomes steady.
- Next, remove the cartridge from the chip resetter again and follow the same steps to reset any ink cartridge.
- Finally, install the cartridges in your Canon printing device and check if the issue still persists.
Method 03: Hard Reset Canon Printer
Hard resetting your Canon printer can help you to bring your Canon printer back to its default factory settings. All you have to do is:
- Start the process by hitting the “Stop” button until you hear the alarm ringing on your Canon printer.
- After that, release the “Start” button once the alarm flashes or rings at least 20 times.
- Now, your device is restored to its factory settings.
Once you are done with these steps, uninstall the drives from your computer network and reinstall their latest version.
How do I Reset My Canon Printer Without Software?
If you don’t have printer driver or any other related software, you can still reset your Canon printing device. For doing so, you have to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, ensure that your Canon printer is properly turned on and connected to your computer.
- Press the power button to shut down your printing device.
- Once your printer is properly turned off, press the stop button for at least 2-3 seconds.
- Simultaneously press the Power button for 2 seconds and then release the Stop button.
- Keep holding the Power button and at the same time press the Stop button 5 times.
- Now release the power button. Your printer is now completely reset.
The above steps will help you to easily reset your Canon Printer to factory settings. You can even use these steps to reset the Canon Printer ink cartridge. If you face any problem or need any help, feel free to call the Canon support team. The expert technicians are always available to help you in resetting your Canon printer and fix any issues with it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is the reset button on a canon printer?
Reset button is located on the top of the body of your Canon printer. You can use this reset button to eliminate issues with your Canon printing device.
What will happen if you reset a printer?
Whether you soft reset or hard reset your printer, many of its issue, like Canon printer not responding, etc. Resetting your printer troubleshoot many issues with it.
How do you reprogram a printer?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset your printer:
- Turn ON your printer and press the Menu/Set key on the control panel.
- Use the directional arrows to perform in the setup menu.
- Navigate to the Device settings and press OK button.
- Select the Reset settings option and press OK button to reprogram your printer.