eBay is one of the popular eCommerce brands that offer people to do online shopping of Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles & more. To access all these, you need to create an account. It is very simple and easy to create your eBay account. All you have to do is provide some details and a password to create and access an eBay account. But have you ever wondered what if you forgot your eBay account password? There are some instances when you might don’t know the exact password of your account. In such a case, you need to reset or change your eBay account password.
Why Should You Change or Reset eBay Account Password?
You should reset your password if it doesn’t follow eBay password requirements. You can also reset your password under the following circumstances:
- You might have shared your account passwords with anyone.
- There may be some strange activities going on your eBay account. If there is any, it’s time to change your eBay password.
- There can be login to your account from unknown places and unfamiliar devices. In such cases, your account might get might, so reset your password to prevent it from malicious activity.
- Whether you are a seller or buyer on eBay, you can change or reset your password to protect your eBay account.
What are the eBay password requirements?
As mentioned above, your password must be according to the eBay password requirements. So, you have to follow the below-given requirements to change or reset your eBay password:
- Your password must have a minimum of six characters.
- There should be at least one upper case or lower-case alphabet.
- You can also add one number to your password.
- Your password should have one special character, like @, #,!
How to change eBay Password to fix security issues? Recover hacked eBay account?
The eBay password-changing process is quite simple and easy. All you have to do is, follow certain steps to change your account password:
- Open the eBay login window on your mobile or computer.
- Now enter the asked login credentials to log in to your account.
- Then, navigate to your profile section and then click on the “My eBay” button.
- Now, select the “account” option from the left corner of the screen.
- Further, click on the “Personal information” button from the left side panel.
- The next screen will ask for some basic details about your eBay account.
- Now, click on the “Edit” button adjacent to the password section to change your password.
- Considering security reasons, you need to login into your eBay account one more time using your current password.
Then, on the new screen, you need to enter a new eBay password. It is recommended to enter a unique but memorable password.
How can you reset your forgotten eBay password?
Resetting your forgotten eBay account password is quite simple and easy. It is just like how you can reset the PayPal password or password of any other account. Follow the steps given below to reset your forgotten eBay account password:
- Open the eBay login window in your system.
- Now, click on the edit button available next to the password.
- Enter all the asked details to change your password. These details basically confirm who you are to change your password.
- Once your identity is successfully confirmed, you need to follow on-screen instructions to reset your password.
The above steps will help you to change your eBay username and password if you have forgotten it.
Important Tips for Resetting Your eBay Password
Given below are some important tips that you should follow while changing or resetting your password:
- Try to keep your password enough long, strong, and unique so that, nobody can learn it.
- Do not enter any easy-to-guess password. Your close ones know everything about you so they can guess your password easily.
- Never use enter your old password again. You can make some changes to your old password to prevent your eBay account from people who know your old password.
- Avoid using your birth dates, names, and phone numbers as your password, they are very easy to guess. Anyone knowing these details for you can easily guess your password. It should be unique and different and it is recommended to note that password anywhere for further use.
Here in the above sections, we have mentioned proper methods to change or reset your eBay password. You can check multiple methods to change your eBay password and to reset your account details to prevent unauthorized access. With the above details, you can easily change or reset your eBay password without any problem. You can also check some tips that will help you to reset your password.